Sayur Lodeh, Lamb Kumara, Coconut Seafood Salad, Lemon Syrup Coconut Cakes, Chilled Coconut Fruit Smoothie Recipes By Ayam Brand
1. Sayur Lodeh Recipe
• 1 can 185g Ayam Brand Tuna Flakes in Oil, drained
• 1 tbsp Chili Paste
• 4 shallots, sliced
• 1 clove garlic, sliced
• ½ tsp turmeric powder
• ½ inch ginger, julienne
• 200ml Ayam Brand Coconut Milk
• 300ml Water
• ½ no.cabbage (medium), thickly sliced
• 200g long beans, cut as desired
• 1 no. potato cut in large cubes
• Sald and pepper
• Fine Vermicelli (Su-hun) as required, soaked and drained
Optional (deep fried)
• 2 tofu, quartered
• 100g tempe, cut as desired
• Place the tuna, chilli paste, shallots, garlic, turmeric powder and ginger in a pot. Pour in coconut milk and water. Place pot on slow fire and stir occasionally until simmering.
• Add in long beans, carrots and potatoes. Cook until slightly softened. Add in cabbage and cook until wilted. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
• Just before removing from heat, add in the rice and vermicelli. Serve.
2. Lamb & Kumara Recipe
Lamb & Kumara Recipe
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 onion, chopped
• 600g lamb leg, cut into 3cm cubes
• 1 1/2 tablespoons AYAM BRAND Curry Powder
• 4 strips lemon rind
• 2 tomatoes, chopped
• 3 cups chicken stock
• AYAM BRAND Coconut Milk 400ml
• 500g kumara / sweet potato, cut into 3cm chunks
STIR-FRYING - Heat oil in a wok. Add the onions and we stir-fry them until soft. Then add the lamb cubes and stir-fry until browned.
SIMMERING - Add the curry powder, the lemon rind, the tomatoes and the stock. Cover and let it cook over low heat for 1 and half hours. Stir occasionally. To complete this dish, add both the kumara and the coconut milk. Again, cover and let it cook for a further 20 minutes, until the lamb and the kumara are tender.
|Coconut Seafood Salad Recipe|
3. Coconut Seafood Salad Recipe
• 750g uncooked king prawns
• 500g baby calamari rings
• 300ml AYAM BRAND Coconut Milk Trim
• 1 tablespoon Fish Sauce
• 1 clove garlic, crushed
• 2 tablespoons lime juice
• 2 tablespoonsSweet Chilli Sauce
• 2 mangoes, peeled, seeded, sliced
• 1 red capsicum, cut into strips
• 1 ½ cups bean sprouts
• 150g assorted salad of your choice
• ½ cup coriander leaves
• 2 Thai red shallots, finely sliced
1. Peel prawns leaving tails intact; devein. Slice calamari thinly.
2. Combine Coconut Milk, fish sauce and garlic in a medium saucepan; bring to simmering point. Add prawns and calamari and stir over medium heat for 2 minutes or until warmed through. Remove from heat, pour into a bowl and refrigerate until cold.
3. Stir in lime juice, sweet chilli sauce, mango, capsicum and bean sprouts
4. Spoon over a bed of salad and sprinkle with coriander and shallot.
|Lemon Syrup Coconut Cakes Recipe|
4. Lemon Syrup Coconut Cakes Recipe
• 270ml AYAM BRAND Coconut Milk
• 250g butter
• 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind
• 1 cup caster sugar
• 3 eggs
• 2/3 cup dessicated coconut
• 2 cups self-raising flour
• 1/4 cup lemon juice
• 1/2 cup sugar
• 2 tablespoons water
Preheat your oven to 180oC and we grease a 10 holes 2/3 cup muffin mould. Combine the butter, the lemon rind and the sugar in a large bowl and beat with a whisk or an electric mixer until creamy.
Next, add and beat in the eggs, one by one. Finally, stir in the coconut, half the flour and half the coconut milk, and then stir in remaining flour and coconut milk. Spoon the mixture into the tin. Bake for about 30 minutes, until golden brown and firm in the centre.
Meanwhile, to make the lemon syrup, combine the lemon juice, water and sugar in a small pan. Stir over heat until boiling.
When cakes look ready, get them out of the oven. Stand for 5 minutes, then turn them onto a wire rack.
5. Chilled Coconut Fruit Smoothie Recipe
• 270ml AYAM BRAND Coconut Milk Trim
• 125g raspberries
• 1/4 cup cranberry juice
• 1/2 cup pineapple juice
• 1 - 2 cup ice
Simply combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.